Like hat tricks, these boot toppers are showstoppers!
Northern climates need cosy wearables. And these boot toppers, designed for us by Fiona Ellis, add both style and warmth to your favourite boots. Knit up in RCY Hat Trick or RCY Epic, this topper design also includes two style options (we call that a “double-double”). These are a quick and easy gift-giving project that’s sure to score!
Our samples include Toppers in Hat Trick (fingering weight) Edmonton colourway, and RCY Epic (worsted weight) in colours: Ivory (cream) and Camel (beige). We've made a new sample using RCY El Rio in Soft Sage (light green) and Juniper (dark green).
Choose from two options for this product: Print Pattern (requires shipping), or PDF Download (instant download at checkout). Or, if you prefer, it's available through our Ravelry shop here. If you're working our El Rio (DK weight) version, you can download a free addendum/companion for the original pattern.
SIZES / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS: X-Small / Small, (Medium / Large, X-large / 2XL).
- Calf measures: 8 (12, 16) inches / 20.5 (30.5, 40.5) cm.
- Designed to fit calf measuring 8-10 (12-14, 16-18) inches / 20.5-25.5 (20.5-35.5, 40.5-46) cm.
- 1 skein RCY Hat Trick; 100% wool, 507 m per 150g skein in shade: Edmonton Approx. yardage required: 150 (200, 260) yds / 137 (182, 237) meters
- 1 ball RCY Epic Worsted; 100% virgin wool 200m per 100gm ball. Our samples are shown in 100 Ivory and 150 Camel. Approx. yardage required: 80 (120, 160) yds / 73 (110, 146) meters
GAUGE: Gauge is very important; please check to ensure that your boot toppers come out the correct size
- Hat Trick: 28 sts & 40 rnds = 4 inches / 10 cm over rib & cable patt.
- Epic: 19 sts & 25 rnds = 4 in / 10 cm over rib & cable patt.
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
- Hat Trick: US size 2 / 2.75 mm needles for working in the round: DPNs, 2 circulars or 1 long circular as you prefer.
- Epic: US size 7 / 4.5 mm needles for working in the round: DPNs, 2 circulars or 1 long circular as you prefer.
- Stitch markers
- Cable needle
Designed exclusively for River City Yarns by Fiona Ellis.