It's Christmas in July at River City Yarns and we're working ahead on an ultimate (epic) Christmas Stocking! Or two..
Barb and Cynthia put their heads (and hands) together to come up with a custom Christmas Stocking project for you to knit. We know that once you’ve made one; just like us, you’ll want to make more! And because Barb and Cynthia like to make “same but different” stockings, we’ve created two options for you at each point in the stocking. Choose either “Option A” or “Option B” for each section of the stocking. You don’t always have to choose the same option each time; it’s a “choose your own adventure” stocking! This is pattern that you can use again and again, choosing different options and different colour combinations each time. It's Epic!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 balls of RCY Epic Yan (100% wool, 100g / 188m). (We've even put together some kits for you.) Psst! You can get this pattern for free when you purchase a kit. Just put the pattern and the kit in your cart and type EPICSTOCKINGKIT in the discount code box.
- 4.0mm (16in) circular knitting needle,
- 4.5mm (16in) circular knitting needle (for stranded colourwork),
- 4.0mm double pointed knitting needles,
- one locking stitch marker,
- scissors and
- a tapesty needle.
If you purchase one of the kits above, you'll receive this pattern free of charge. If you'd like to use up stash yarn, you'll need approximately: 50g for Colours A and B and 100g for Colours C and D of a worsted weight yarn (and this pattern!)
Need some help with the technical aspects of this project? We have instructional videos for you! Visit our YouTube Channel and check out our Advent Box videos.
And post your completed stockings on social media with the tag #rcykal. We'd love to see all your beautiful stockings!