We've arranged to hold a class with Ann Budd on Zoom. You can take this class from the comfort of your own home and the session will be recorded, in case you have any internet connection issues.
Make it Your Own: Skirt Class
This is another amazing opportunity to take a "Make It Your Own" class with Ann Budd! You'll join Ann for four, 90 minute lessons over six weeks (Ann has built in "rest" or "catch up" weeks). In addition, you'll have access to the class recordings to review what you missed. Cynthia has made two of Ann's published skirt patterns already and loves the way they fit and flatter. Join us, and create a custom garment that you will love!
What it's About
Knitted skirts are becoming wardrobe staples—and they’re a lot easier to knit than you might think (they require just three to four skeins of sock yarn)! Learn how to take proper waist and hip measurements and combine them with your gauge to create a classic “pleated” skirt with a perfect fit, no matter your size. Examples are Putting on the Pleats, Traveling Pleats, and Tavia. You’ll leave with a personalized skirt pattern for your yarn and gauge.
A handout for measuring gauge and a worksheet for creating your own pattern will be provided.
The next session of this workshop will take place on Tuesdays: November 2, 16, 23 and December 7, 2021 starting at 5:30 pm MT. That's 4.30 pm PT, 6:30 pm CT, 7:30 pm ET, 8:30 pm AT.
Session 1 : Overview of skirt construction, taking body measurements, choosing yarn, knitting a gauge swatch;
Session 2: Casting on for waistband;
Session 3: Mirrored increases for darts, gore increases, adding patterns in pleats, adding patterns in gores;
Session 4: Binding off, blocking, and inserting elastic.
Skills Required: must be comfortable knitting in rounds, increasing, and taking body measurements.
- Yarn: you can use fingering/sock weight, sportweight, DK or worsted-weight yarn. A guide for yarn amounts will be downloaded with your registration.
- Needles: you will also need a 60cm / 24 inch circular needle, in a couple of sizes. You will receive more guidance about needle sizes and swatching in the first class.
- Waistband elastic (purchase later, after Session 2)
- your knitting notions collection (measuring tape, stitch markers, tapestry needle, scissors)
Ann BuddAnn Budd is a teacher, writer, designer, and founder of Knit for Fun Retreats. She is the author of more than a dozen books, including The Knitter’s Handy Book series, Getting Started Knitting Socks, Sock Knitting Master Class, New Directions in Sock Knitting, and many of books in Interweave’s Style series. Ann lives in Boulder, Colorado, and teaches workshops across North America and beyond. Learn more at annbuddknits.com.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Standard Time (MST).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.