A fantastic gift and excellent treat for yourself. A great introduction to toe-up sock knitting, or just a gratifying quick knit. Really, what more do you want from your knitting? The Merino-Cashmere blend makes them extra warm and the nylon keeps them long-wearing. This pattern uses clever cast-ons and cast-offs, and features a gusseted heel for improved fit.
Available as a PDF Download (instant download at checkout).
- To Fit Foot /Ankle Circumference: 7 (7 1⁄2, 8 1⁄2, 9, 9 1⁄2, 10) ins / 18 (19, 21.5, 23, 24, 25.5) cm
- Finished Foot / Ankle Circumference: 6 1⁄2 (7, 7 1⁄2, 8, 8 1⁄2, 9) ins / 16.5 (18, 19, 20.5, 21.5, 23) cm
- Leg Length: As shown 1 1⁄2 ins / 4 cm, adjustable to preference
- Foot Length: Adjustable to fit
Socks should stretch to fit. Choose a size with finished circumference approximately 1 in / 2.5 cm smaller than your foot measurement.
- 24 sts & 34 rnds = 4 ins / 10 cm in stocking stitch
Take the time to check gauge and adjust needle size if necessary. Note: Stitch gauge is important; round gauge less so. You want a tighter gauge than normal for this yarn to give improved wear.
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
- US size 4 / 3.5mm needles for working small circumference in the round: DPNs, two circulars or a long circular as you prefer
- US size 7 / 4.5mm needle, for BO. Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- 2 ring style stitch markers & 2 different removable style (or safety pins) markers
This pattern is available on Ravelry: add to cart