We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Sarah Schira right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
Come on a Gnomish Adventure!
Learn the basics of knitting Sarah's gnome patterns with Gnoah. You will knit a small gnome in worsted weight to tackle the fundamentals of gnomes: i-cord, stuffing, changing colour, sewing pieces, dealing with ends. Sarah will provide a special, workshop version of the pattern to all participants and then will provide a code to download the full version with all three patterns in it.
This 3-hour, online workshop will take place on Saturday, August 6, starting at: 9:00 am PDT, 10:00 am MDT, 11:00 am CDT, 12:00 pm EDT, 1:00 pm ADT and 1:30 pm in NL.
Skill level: able to knit, purl, and work in the round with one of the following methods: DPNs, magic loop, or the 2 circs method.
- Worsted weight yarn in 3 colours - beard/nose/hands, hat, body, (wool blend suggested),
- needles for knitting a small number of stitches in the round,
- yarn needle, and
- approx 50g of polyfil or wool stuffing.
Sarah loves gnomes. A lot. We invite you to join us and Sarah in #nevernotgnoming. Check out Sarah's Year of Gnomes and enter for fun, prizes and motivation: https://www.imaginedlandscapes.com/year-of-gnomes/
When Sarah isn't knitting gnomes, she's working on knitting patterns for everyday adventures. She loves to design accessories that look harder than they are, and that flatter you while you live your adventures. Sarah is also sharing her knowledge, advice, tips and techniques through our online learning program.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.