We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Fiona Ellis right to you. We're using Zoom as our videoconferencing platform and giving you the "best seat in the house" for classes. Check out our video chat with Fiona about this class: https://youtu.be/C0l37eYJ3NE.
What it's All About
Fiona would like to teach the whole world how to knit cables because she LOVES the technique! In this workshop she will show you how to twist in a number of different ways, how to read charts and how to add cables to simple projects for stunning details. This workshop is a must for newer knitters who love the look of texture, or knitters who need a refresher with a twist. Bonus! Upon completion of this class, graduates who successfully twist their stitches in a way that pleases them, will be awarded an exclusive pattern by Fiona Ellis for River City Yarns: the Geneva Hat and Mitts set.
This two-hour class takes place on Saturday, January 13 starting at 11:00 am PST, 12:00 pm MST, 1:00 pm CST, 2:00 pm EST, 3:00 pm AST.
Materials: ball of light coloured medium weight yarn, yarn appropriate needles, cable needle.
Skill Level: you know how to knit and purl, you've worked a decrease and an increase (or two).
After attending the class students will have learned the cable skills to be able to knit these highlighted patterns from Fiona’s Ravelry page:
- Double Pointe Pink: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/double-pointe-pink
- Clark Cable: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/clark-cable
- Re-gathering Intensions: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/re-gathering-intentions
- Baby’s 1st Cable: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/babys-1st-cable-sweater
- Milonga: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/milonga-2
- Made to Border: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/made-to-border
- Scarrington: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/scarrington
- Sugar Beach: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sugarbeach
Fiona Ellis is a graduate of DeMontfort University (England) with a degree in fashion knitwear design. She has been designing professionally for 30 years and is a registered yoga instructor. She is the author of Inspired Cable Knits, Knitspiration Journal and Inspired Fair Isle Knits. She is also an instructor on Craftsy. You can find her designs on Ravelry here. Why take a class with Fiona? She's knowledgeable and talented but even more important, she's patient and kind. You'll learn so much from Fiona (just like Barb and Cynthia)!
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.