We're going online with our workshops! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
Simply Amazing! You have to give this a try.
Learn how to combine double knitting with double-stranded garter stitch to produce a double-thick, double-sided plaid fabric. Explore the unique stitches used to transition from double- stranding to double knitting and back again. By the end of the class, students will be prepared to cast on the Breaking Plaid bandana cowl (full pattern provided to registrants), or one of its many variations, such as a loop cowl, triangular shawl, or scarf.
- 50 yards each of 2 contrasting colours of worsted weight yarn,
- 5.5 - 6.0mm / US 9 - 10 knitting needles, and
- 1 locking stitch marker.
Skill Level required: You need to know how to: knit, purl, increase and decrease stitches, work "flat" and "in the round". Familiarity with double knitting is a plus but is not required. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
"Now I truly know the major advantages of Zoom: having access to amazing instructors like Carissa, and having access to the recording that allows me to fill in the gaps and work at my own learning pace. I am looking forward to my next class." ~ Margaret M
About Carissa Browning:
When Carissa isn't teaching classes online, she lives and knits in the Dallas, Texas area, where she has accepted the futility of stitching cozy woolen sweaters and has perhaps overcompensated with a three-month supply of hand knit socks. With a background in math, she particularly enjoys playing with geometry and developing new methods of constructing familiar shapes and patterns using knitted or crocheted fabric. Carissa has beautiful patterns which you can find on her Ravelry page here.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please email Cynthia (see above).