Always Better Together is a project that will keep you engaged from start to finish! Designed by Brenda Brayfield, with Rowan Summerlite DK yarn, it is the perfect, airy, drapey summer knit. It features an eye-catching interplay of slipstitch colourwork and simple lace. Knit in sections of single and two-colour patterns, it is never boring. Lots of colour, lots of texture, and lots of variety to hold your interest.
Always Better Together is an asymmetrical triangular shawl knit sideways from one tip to the opposite edge. Trendy and stylish, it is a joy to knit and easy to wear!
This pattern was originally released as a 6-Clue Mystery KAL by River City Yarns, Edmonton, AB. Now available as one single PDF, the links to RCY’s video tutorials, tips and helpful suggestions from the MKAL are included.
Modifications for Fingering Weight yarn and a larger shawl are included.
The pattern has 23 pages. Pages 1 – 17 are the complete pattern. Pages 17 – 23 are bonus pages. Please preview and print what you need. The pattern is available as a PDF (digital) download. Please send an email to shop@rivercityyarns if you would like a printed copy as well. Price varies by page and colour/black & white options.
If using a DK weight yarn:
- Finished Measurements: Wingspan – 82”/208cm; Centre Depth – 28”/71cm.
- Materials: Main colour (MC) – 470m/514yds; Contrast colour (CC) – 420m/460yds
- Needle: 4.00mm/US 6 or needle required to get gauge
- Gauge: 21sts/29 rows = 4”/10cm in Stockinette Stitch after blocking
If using a Fingering weight yarn:
- Finished Measurements: Wingspan – 80”/203cm; Centre Depth – 22”/56cm.
- Material: Main colour (MC) – 400m/440yds; Contrast colour (CC) – 365m/400yds
- Needles: 3.75mm/US 5 and 4.00mm/US 6 or needles required to get gauge
- Gauge: 24 sts/32 rows = 4”/10 cm in Stockinette Stitch after blocking with smaller needle
Notions: Split markers, ring markers, scissors, tapestry needle and blocking equipment.
The pattern features row-by-row written instructions with stitch counts for every row.
Charts are for pattern repeat only and do not include side shaping.
Want to see more finished photos and yarn suggestions? Take a look at our Ravelry discussion for Clue 6 of the MKAL: https://www.ravelry.com/discuss/river-city-yarns/4133202/
Need help picking a great yarn combo? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and get a custom colourway recommendation.
RCY Video (Tutorial) Support:
- Clue 2 - placing stitch markers: https://youtu.be/1g6e0kBtil4
- Clue 2 - working yo's and double decreases: https://youtu.be/AK8Ru7YvsnY
- Clue 2 - mistakes involving yarn overs: https://youtu.be/SVkSN_93b5o
- Clue 3 - tips and techniques: https://youtu.be/AOifFrYbr-A
- Clue 4 - working a lace pattern in 4 combinations: https://youtu.be/LIBmnvvhHgo
- Clue 5 - slip stitches and two row stripes: https://youtu.be/FprjqdDMQNg