Frequently Asked Questions at River City Yarns
Updated as of February 1, 2023
We're glad you asked...
Are you open for in-person shopping?
Until the end of March, 2023, we are open for in-person shopping on Saturdays, from 12:00 - 4:00 pm. If you need individualized help or can't come in on Saturdays, call/email us and we'll set up an appointment for you. We're also able to provide help and friendly expertise over the phone. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the shop at 780-477-9276.
Did I hear that you're closing your retail location?
Yes, we're in the process of closing our retail shop by March 31, 2023. But Barb and Cynthia are continuing to develop and expand their online offerings. There will continue to be workshops, virtual gatherings, make-a-longs, podcasts as well as new designs. There's a lot to look forward to. Click here for all the details.
I have an older gift card. Can I use it online?
Yes. If you have a gift card with a short serial number on it (4 digits or 6 digits) you can use it online. You will have to make it into an eight digit number by adding zeros to the front of it. For example, if your gift card has the number: 1234, you can enter it in online as: 00001234. Or if your gift card has a number that is: 10-1234, you can enter it online as: 00101234. If you need help with gift cards, please email: email@example.com or call the shop at 780-477-9276, extension 3.
I can't shop online! How can you help me?
Rest assured, we've got a work around for you. We've been helping our customers find the right pattern, yarn, needles and hooks, over the phone, by email and zoom now for more than two years now.
- Want a better idea of the shade/intensity of a colour of yarn? We can take a photo for you, with the yarn next to other shades of colour or with neutrals, so that you can get a better view.
- Looking for a DK weight, 100% cotton yarn? We have a built-in filter on our website and would love to show it to you.
- Trying to navigate our website on a mobile phone? We can help you with that, too.
- For those of you who are local, we offer a full/partial refund at the door if your order isn't exactly what you wanted.
In all cases, we find that having a phone conversation before you order makes all the difference. And you don't have to stand in line to wait your turn, or wear a mask, or use hand sanitizer to access Barb or Cynthia. If you prefer to place your order over the phone because you don't have a computer or an email address, we're more than happy to help you with that as well
How curbside pickup works
- Select curbside pickup as your delivery option when ordering online.
- Wait for your fulfillment email and read it for the days and times available. Curbside pickups are Tuesday through Saturday 12–4 pm, but if you need an alternate time or day, email or call us to book. ETA? In most cases, we'll be able to pick your order, package and make it available within a few hours.
- After you get your fulfillment email, come to the store and TEXT your last name and order number to our dedicated cell phone at 780-803-9276. We’ll bring your order out to you. (Note: this number is for curbside pickup only. If you need to contact us for any other reason, please call our main line at 780-477-9276 and press 5 to speak to a sales associate.
Questions about curbside service?
Where do I pick up my order? Park right in front of our store and text. We’ll put your order on the table outside the front door for you. Please check the name on the order before you take it. If you have any mobility issues, just call ahead and we'll arrange to bring your order to your car.
I forgot something! Can I just add on to my order? I don't like the colour of the yarn I bought. Can I exchange it? We understand that you might like to add to your order or that the colour of yarn you chose online is not right for your project. If you’d like to add to your order, please place a second order online or call the shop, and press 5 to speak to a sales associate. We’ll help you with your add-on request before you head over to the store.
If you aren’t 100% happy with your order when you come to pick it up, please let us know before you leave. We’ll take your order back inside and refund all or part of it right away. Our curbside staff are not able to exchange or bring different colours out to show you. Call the main line (780-477-YARN) and press 5 to talk to a sales associate.
I just placed an order from the parking lot, can I get it now?We appreciate your order, we really do! We hope that you understand that ordering from just outside the store doesn't mean that we'll be able to fulfill it immediately. It's always best to order from home and wait for the "ready for pickup" email.
Flat Rate Shipping
Did you know that we have a one price shipping rate? Because it's not based on weight, It's a great way to get a package, without having to add or subtract items from your cart. No worries about your mailing address, either. We ship to all locations in North America (including the Canadian Territories, Alaska and Hawaii) for only $15 CAD. These days, that's only about 8 litres, or less than two gallons of gas!
If you have questions or concerns about our shipping rates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to order by phone?
No problem! Call 780-477-9276 and press 5 to speak to a sales associate; we’ll call you back as soon as possible.
If you need help placing an order, we’re here Tuesday through Saturday 12–4 pm MT to answer questions and guide you through any issues you might have. Email us at email@example.com or call our main line at 780-477-9276.
We also want to take this opportunity to thank all of our loyal customers whose online shopping have kept us going through these difficult economic times. Your words of support and your willingness to try something new has been amazing. We are so grateful. Thank you.
Barb, Cynthia and as always, our wonderful team of people at River City Yarns