Just about the warmest mittens you can make—worked with double-stranded pure wool Epic Yarn, with the addition of the fantastic super-bulky weight Chunk-a-delic to create a built-in lining. If you’ve ever wanted to try thrummed mittens but have been a little intimidated by how they’re made, this is a brilliant alternative. They're just as warm and a little easier to make. Written for DPNs, magic loop or two circs— use whichever you prefer. Check out our Thrummish Hat for a super warm and completely coordinated winter set!
Choose from three options for this product:
- Print Pattern (requires shipping)
- PDF Download (instant download at checkout)
- Combo - PDF Download (both the Thrummish Hat and Thrummish Mitts PDF patterns at 25% off!)
Or, if you prefer, it's available through Ravelry here.
To Fit Hand Circumference: approx / 5 (6, 7, 8, 9) ins / 12.5 (15, 18, 20.5, 23) cm
Finished Hand Circumference: 6 (7, 8, 9, 10) ins / 15 (18, 20.5, 23, 25.5) cm
Hand Length: adjustable to fit
Choose a size with finished circumference approx 1/2–1 in 1–2.5cm larger than the circumference of your hand, measured around the palm. For warmth, the mittens should be a little bigger than the hand wearing them—you want to trap warm air in there!
15 sts and 19 rnds = 4 ins / 10 cm using larger needles in Colourwork Pattern with double stranded Epic Yarn plus the Chunk-a-delic
Take the time to check gauge and adjust needle size if necessary.
MC: River City Yarns Epic Yarn; 206 yds /188 m per 31⁄2 oz / 100 g ball; 100% wool: 1 (1, 2, 2, 2) balls in #800-Bison
CC: River City Yarns Chunk-a-delic; 100% New Zealand Merino wool; 109 yds / 100m per 7 oz / 200g skein; 1 skein in Fortunate Sun
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
- US Size 8 / 5mm needles for working small circumference in the round– traditional or flexible DPNs, two circulars or a long circular as you prefer.
- US Size 9 / 5.5mm needles for working small circumference in the round– traditional or flexible DPNs, two circulars or a long circular as you prefer.
- 2 stitch markers