Barb and Cynthia put their heads (and hands) together to come up with a custom Christmas Stocking project for you to knit. We know that once you’ve made one; just like us, you’ll want to make more! And because Barb and Cynthia like to make “same but different” stockings, we’ve created two options for you at each point in the stocking. Choose either “Option A” or “Option B” for each section of the stocking. You don’t always have to choose the same option each time; it’s a “choose your own adventure” stocking! This is pattern that you can use again and again, choosing different options and different colour combinations each time. It's Epic!
This pattern is available as a PDF Download (instant download at checkout).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 balls of RCY Epic Yarn (100% wool, 100g / 188m) in four colours. Note: River City Yarns Epic Yarn has been discontinued. For substitutions, we recommend Cascade 220 which is also a 100% Peruvian wool, for the closest fibre match. Alternatively, Berroco Ultra Wool or Rowan Pure Wool Worsted would also be good matches if you would like a superwash wool substitution.
- 4.0mm (16in) circular knitting needle,
- 4.5mm (16in) circular knitting needle (for stranded colourwork),
- 4.0mm double pointed knitting needles,
- 1 - 6 locking stitch markers,
- scissors and
- a tapesty needle.
We like to use four colours in our stockings. If you'd like to use up stash yarn, you'll need approximately: 50g for Colours A and B and 100g for Colours C and D of a worsted weight yarn.
Need some help with the technical aspects of this project? We have instructional videos for you! Visit our YouTube Channel and check out our Advent Box videos.