Live Online Chats with Engaging Creators
Fiberside Chats are one-hour online (Zoom) sessions with special guests, giving us a peek into their world. These designers and creators will discuss their unique path, creative processes, latest projects—or whatever is inspiring them now. There will also be a Q&A session, giveaways, and other fun surprises for those who join! The gatherings are organized and hosted by our friends at Longmont Yarn Shoppe. The registration fee for each chat is only $20 USD and the proceeds support the guests and participating yarn shops such as ours.
How to register: Join Barb, Cynthia and the Yarniversity team! Register on Longmont Yarn Shoppe's website and find Yarniversity by River City Yarns in the drop down menu. Easy-peasy!Details:
Embark on a captivating journey through Ireland's rich textile heritage. Join renowned textile historian and author Vawn Corrigan as she reveals the secrets of the ancient wool trade, intricate lacemaking, and iconic Aran knit that have shaped Irish communities for centuries. Through vibrant imagery and compelling storytelling, prepare to immerse yourself in the enduring beauty and sustainability of Irish textiles and be inspired to become a part of this timeless tradition. Discover Ireland's textile roots today.
Vawn Corrigan is a Dublin-based writer and editor. She is the author of many historic, craft and textile writings and her work on textiles has appeared in Selvedge Magazine, Ireland of the Welcomes, Irish Arts Review and many more publications. Vawn’s two textile heritage books, Irish Aran and Irish Tweed, are explorations of the cultural significance of knit and weaving in Ireland.
This is a live Zoom Event on Sunday, December 17th at 1:00pm Eastern, 12:00pm Central, 11:00am Mountain, 10:00am Pacific, 6:00pm GMT. This Fiberside Chat will be recorded - a link to the recording will be available for one week and shared with registered attendees only.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You should sign up early to get a seat.
- Registration fees must be paid in advance to hold your seat.
- Registrations will close 3 hours before the event starting time.
- You will receive an online invitation and meeting identification code that you will need, from Longmont Yarn Shoppe in order to enter the event. This invitation will come within 24 hours of the event.
- As this is an online event, you need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- Refunds? Sorry, there are no refunds if you forget to sign in or cannot attend.
- Date Changes or Cancellations: in the event the Fiberside Chat has to be cancelled due the the Guest not being able to attend, Longmont Fibers will make the best effort possible to immediately accommodate a new date. All participant registrations will be valid for the new date. In the event an alternative date is not available your registration will be refunded in full.
- Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.