Just about the warmest hat you can make, worked with double-stranded pure wool RCY Epic Yarn, with the addition of the fantastic super-bulky weight RCY Chunk-a-delic to create a built-in lining. With all the charm and warmth of a traditional thrummed hat, this thrummish version is easier to knit. Check out our Thrummish Mittens for a super warm and completely coordinated winter set!
This hat is warm! We used our RCY Epic yarn double stranded to create a densely knit base and add in super soft, bulky and squishy RCY Chunk-a-delic to create the bright "thrummish" hearts and line the inside of this hat with an extra layer of merino wool warmth.
Choose from three options for this product:
- Print Pattern (requires shipping)
- PDF Download (instant download at checkout)
- Combo - PDF Download (both the Thrummish Hat and Thrummish Mitts PDF patterns at 25% off!)
Or, if you prefer, it's available through Ravelry here.
MC: River City Yarns Epic Yarn; 206 yds / 188 m per 31⁄2 oz / 100 g ball; 100% wool: 2 (2, 2, 2, 3) balls in 800 Bison
CC: River City Yarns Chunk-a-delic; 100% New Zealand Merino wool; 109 yds / 100m per 7 oz / 200g skein; 1 skein in Fortunate Sun. No more Chunk-a-delic? No worries. Use our Chunk-a-delic minis instead. We recommend 2 (2, 2, 2, 3) mini balls for the hat.
To Fit Head Circumference: approx 15.75 (18, 20.25, 22.25, 24.5) ins / 40 (45.5, 51.5, 56.5, 62) cm
Gauge: 15 sts and 19 rnds = 4 ins / 10 cm using larger needles in Colourwork Pattern with double stranded Epic Yarn plus the Chunk-a-delic.
Needles and Notions:
- US Size 8 / 5mm 16 ins / 40cm circular needle
- US Size 9 / 5.5mm 16 ins / 40cm circular needle
- US Size 9 / 5.5mm needles for working small circumference in the round: DPNs, two circulars or a long circular as you prefer. Stitch marker
- 2 stitch markers