The Zürich Hat kit contains the yarn and pattern required to make a family of hats, with stripes or without from this easy-to-knit design by Eric Lutz, exclusively for River City Yarns. We've paired up some of our favourite colour combinations for you in two options: our River City Yarns Epic (100% Peruvian wool) and our River City Yarns El Rio (100% Peruvian Alpaca).
- 2 balls of River City Yarns Epic OR 2 skeins of River City Yarns El Rio in contrasting colours; and
- 1 print copy of the Zürich Hat pattern by Eric Lutz
Supplies needed (purchased separately):
- 4.5mm (US 7) circular knitting needle, 16" / 40cm length
- 4.5mm (US 7) knitting needles for small circumference in the round: double pointed needles, 1 long circular or 2 short circulars
- Stitch Marker and
- Tapestry Needle
Tiny / Baby, Small / Medium, Medium / Large, Medium / Large Slouch Circumference: measured at brim edge, when lightly stretched.
- Circumference: 14 1⁄2 (18 1⁄2, 20 1⁄2, 24) ins / 37 (47, 52, 61) cm.
- Height: 6 (8, 8, 11) ins / 15 (20.5, 20.5, 28) cm
About the Zürich Hat:
“On a wonderful trip to Zürich, I was struck by the intentional geometry of the paving stones in Sechseläutenplatz, Zürich’s largest open town square. Paving laid of gorgeous grey quartzite cut in variable-width strips creates an ever-changing textural perspective which inspired the gentle tapering ribs of this hat.” – Eric Lutz
We love this hat—a quick knit, an interesting design with options for modifications. And, like the Swiss and their four official languages, Zürich is available in four sizes! Originally knit in our River City Yarns Epic (100% Peruvian wool) for its warmth and solid colour choices. We've also created kits with our River City Yarns El Rio (100% Peruvian Alpaca) for its softness and slouchy drape.