We're making our gnomes from our worsted weight, Epic wool because we love the larger size. Our sample shown is Gnutmeg, the ADVENTure Gnome who ended up being approximately 13" tall with a 16" middle circumference. They come together fast on 3.75 mm needles, and you can make many gnomes when you have 4 or more balls of Epic yarn.
Here's the details:
What is the Year of Gnomes?
It’s a party. A community. A bit of fun. (Actually, a lot of fun) It's run by Sarah from Imagined Landscapes and River City Yarns is thrilled to be part of it! We're donating prizes for the draws and to enter a draw, you need go to Imagined Landscapes web page! to enter your gnome.
It's a very simple KAL with simple rules:
- You can make any number of gnomes from any Imagined Landscapes pattern. Use your stash or buy a curated EPIC Gnome kit.
- You can enter one gnome made in each month for a chance to win quarterly prizes.
- There’s a special prize category for people who make a gnome every month in 2022.
What's in an Epic Gnome Kit?
We have created our Epic Gnome kit in four palettes, one similar to the colours Sarah is using, and three colour variations of that neutral palette. We've also tucked in a wee bit of special Gnovelty Gnome embellishments to each kit to add fun and magical charm! Work through the yarn in your kit and add a ball or two of RCY Epic yarn as you need more.
Each kit includes:
- 4 (100 g / 3.5 oz, 194 m / 212 yds) balls of Epic wool (worsted weight, 100% Peruvian wool). You can make many gnomes with 4 balls!
- A wee package of magical embellishments for extra Gnome charm and personality!
You'll also need
- 3.75 mm double pointed needles
- some polyfil or unspun wool for stuffing your Gnome
- some poly pellets or metal washers for gnomes that need weighted bottoms
- a tapestry needle to do some assembly and finishing.
- A Gnome pattern from Imagined Landscapes—12 to choose from! Head over to Sarah's website to pick out your favourite patterns!
Note about yarns from our website: Photographs aren't perfect; they don't capture the texture and feel of the yarn. Colours viewed on different monitors may have shade and tone differences from the actual product. If you would like assistance with selecting a colour or an opinion/advice on finding a good yarn for your project, please feel free to give us a call.