We're going online with our workshops! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
What it's All About
The top-down one piece garment construction is very popular, particularly for babies’ and kids’ garments. This class takes you through the process of working a complete mini-sweater project, building all the skills and techniques you need. We’ll also address fit and yarn choice, which are crucial to the success of these types of patterns.
This class will take place in two, 2-hour sections, one week apart. The class dates and times are: Thursday, January 14 and 21 from 4:30 - 6:30 pm MST (3:30pm PST, 4:30pm Yukon, 5:30pm CST, 6:30pm EST, 7:30pm AST).
Beginner: knitters need to be able to cast on, knit and bind off, no garment experience required; also suitable for more experienced knitters who have never tackled this type of pattern before
- 4-5mm/US #6-8 16-24 inch circular needle & DPNs,
- approx. 50gm light-colored medium-weight yarn
Kate Atherley has been teaching knitting professionally for more than 15 years at stores and events all over Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. Her latest book, Custom-Fit Hats is her ninth, and the fourth in a series on customizing projects for perfect fit and style; it joins works on shawls, socks, and mittens. Her focus in all her work is the empowerment of knitters, illuminating both the methods and mechanics of the craft. The combination of her university degree in mathematics, professional experience in software development and usability, and training in garment and fashion design give her a unique perspective. She also works as a technical editor, helping other designers and authors bring their work into the world. She lives in Toronto with her husband and the family of skunks under their porch. www.kateatherley.com
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.