We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Anna Hrachovec (Chicago, USA) right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
also known as Crumbles...
Okay, can we get any cuter than this? Get an early start on your holiday knitting with quick, tiny gingerbread friends (also known as Crumbles)! This intermediate project incorporates several toy knitting techniques into a very small package: joining legs into a round on double-pointed needles, picking up stitches, and icing embroidery. The more you make, the faster they go! And don't forget to check out Anna's tiny snowmen, Santa Claus, Ms. Claus, nutcrackers and other delightful characters to bring cheer to your holiday celebrations. Anna will provide a pdf pattern before class for you to work from.
Skill level: you are comfortable knitting small circumferences in the round using double pointed needles. Note: because of the i-cord and the very small number of stitches for the body of this project, double pointed needles are recommended.
- about 10 yards / 9 metres of yarn in a main colour (medium to light brown is ideal), plus a few yards / metres of white. Fingering-weight yarn for miniature gingerbread friends; worsted-weight yarn (recommended for those less experienced with DPNs) for larger gingerbread friends.
- one set of double-pointed needles: Size 1US / 2.25mm if using fingering weight yarn; size 5US / 3.75mm if using worsted weight yarn.
- small amount of fiberfill (polyester, wool, and/or yarn scraps); and
- small tapestry needle for embroidery.
Anna Hrachovec knits cute and strange things in Chicago. She grew up in Oklahoma, then began knitting when she was an exchange student living in Japan in 2000. The knitting stuck around, as did a love for the simple, enigmatic characters that Anna met in Japan. (Hello, Hello Kitty!) Anna's own knitted characters inhabit an imaginary world called Mochimochi Land, which has found expression through animations, installations, and hundreds of knitting patterns, some of which have been compiled into five books.
Anna has been teaching her unique toy knitting techniques in classes both in person and virtually for more than ten years, and she loves welcoming knitters of all levels into her world of tiny toys.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Time (MT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.