We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Olga Buraya-Kefelian right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
It's easy, when you know how.
Introduce yourself to a world of colorwork with Slip Stitch Method! The particular method developed by Olga will take you through the technique full of tips and tricks to ease your way into it. You will become the master of the tension and will be able to manipulate your fabric regardless of your yarn choices to achieve the most consistent and perfect results! We will work on a swatch using this technique, and experiment on creating different shape motifs. Or students can get a head start by working on the Stockinette part of Winter Suns Shawl pattern (purchased separately) and master the technique their "suns" during class. Psst! Olga's individual patterns are 20% off for the month of September. Use the coupon code: FALL20 and stock up.
The next session of this 2-hour online class takes place on Saturday, November 27 starting at 12:00 pm PT, 1:00 pm MT, 2:00 pm CT, 3:00 pm ET, 4:00 pm AT.
You will have an opportunity to learn:
- Slip Stitch Colorwork basics
- Picking correct yarns and textures for working colorwork
- Special method for trapping long floats in colorwork for maintaining perfect tension
- Reading slip stitch colorwork chart
Skill level: you need to know how to knit, purl, cast on and bind off.
- 100-200 yards of fingering weight yarn in 2-3 colours for swatching
- 100-2oo yards of DK weight yarn in 2-3 different colours for swatching
- US 3 / 3.25mm, US 4 / 3.5mm, US 5 / 3.75mm knitting needles
- Crochet hook
Olga Buraya-Kefelian grew up in Belarus and learned to knit from her seamstress mother at a very young age. It wasn't until her mid-twenties that her knitting developed beyond a hobby and a distraction from the hardships of military life, into a career in knitwear design. She has created her own brand of knitwear patterns “Olgajazzy” that are sold via her website and authored several publications. But you can also see her designs in many publications like Brooklyn Tweed, Amirisu, PomPom, Laine, etc. Currently residing in Alexandria, Virginia she continues work on her brand and numerous collaborations while teaching classes and workshops internationally. Cynthia has attended Olga's virtual classes and wants you to know that she's an excellent instructor. Visit Olga's website olgajazzy.com to see more examples of her work and follow her on social media platforms: @olgajazzyknits.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Time (MT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.