Learn from a Pro (no homework involved)
Every Saturday, we're hosting one fav designer on Zoom for a 60-minute seminar on a topic of interest. Our guest will have the floor for 30 - 45 minutes to talk about the topic and we'll spend the rest of the time in discussion format. The best part of all is that you don't have to leave your home and there's no homework! Our guest will share swatches, designs, photos, and demos with you as well as answer your questions about projects and techniques.
Anna Hrachovec: Adventures in Mochimochi Land - doing fun (and amazing) things with small amounts of yarn. Saturday, October 9 at 11:00 am MT.
Barb and Cynthia have been absolutely charmed by Anna's pattern designs for loveable toys and adorable tiny characters (mochi). We were lucky enough to visit Anna's Mochimochi Land booth at Vogue Knitting Live Chicago 2018 and included a mochi mochi kit in our Advent Box that year. Her character-based, completely knitted art has been exhibited in the US, Germany, The Netherlands, Korea, and Japan. Anna also does amazing stop-motion videos and animations with her small friends and has a lovely array of awards to her credit. Come for an hour and find out why Anna loves this style and form of knitting, Anna will share some of her tips for making small knitted creatures come to life and talk to us about her plans for the future. We'll provide a sneak peek into upcoming classes with Anna, hosted by River City Yarns. Check out this lovely YouTube video where Anna's creations join Ernie, Lennon and Maisy from Sesame Street.
Erika Knight: Bloom Collections 1 & 2. Saturday, October 17 at 12:00 pm MT
We're pleased to welcome Erika Knight back to our Saturday Seminar series. Erika will talk to us about her Bloom Collection 1 and Bloom Collection 2 for Rowan which contain the most adorable designs for babies and for moms. Erika will share her insights into what makes baby knits special and adorable. Erika's attention to the details is her trademark! She'll also talk about the yarn choices and will answer your questions about knitting for special people.
Shirley Scott & Christine LeGrow: Saltwater Series. Saturday, October 30 at 11:00 am MT
Barb and Cynthia are so happy to welcome Shirley and Christine back to our seminar series. These lovely women are on a mission to bring the knitting traditions, stylings and stories of Newfoundland to the rest of the world. Their book series: Saltwater Mittens, Saltwater Classics and Saltwater Gifts are beautifully photographed and contain the unique patterns and history of our most easterly knitters. Bring a cuppa English Breakfast and join us for an hour of stories and simple techniques to make adjustments to your favourite Saltwater patterns.
Erika Knight: Indoors and Out! Saturday, November 20 at 10:00 am MT. Erika will be coming to us from her home in England to chat about her designs with the yarn produced by the sheep located on Pebble Island. And then we'll move "Indoors" to talk about Erika's newest designs for fall/winter: "comfortable cushions, lampshades, rugs, blankets, a sweater and a cardigan and a nostalgic wall hanging exude pure cosiness...".
Read these tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- A Zoom calendar invitation and an email reminder with the meeting information will be sent to you the day before the seminar.
- Can't find your login info? Cynthia sends two emails (a google calendar invite and an email that contains "Saturday Seminar" and the name of the guest in the subject line). Please check your spam folder for the email if it's not in your inbox.
- As this is an online seminar, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built-in or attached.
- The seminar will be recorded for internal review after the event.
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to an RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If our guest is unable to attend or our minimum enrolment is not met and we have to cancel/postpone, a full refund of your registration fee will be offered.
- Transfer? You may transfer your registration for this seminar to another participant by contacting email@example.com. Any transfers must occur 24 hours before the seminar is scheduled. Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.