Learn from a Pro (no homework involved)
Every Saturday, we're hosting one fav designer on Zoom for a 60-minute seminar on a topic of interest. Our guest will have the floor for 30 - 45 minutes to talk about the topic and we'll spend the rest of the time in discussion format. The best part of all is that you don't have to leave your home and there's no homework! Our guest will share swatches, designs, photos, and demos with you as well as answer your questions about projects and techniques.
Kate Atherley: The Good, The Bad & The Pooling. Saturday, August 7 at 11:00 am MDT.
A discussion of the fun and challenges of working with hand-painted yarns. I review different types of hand-painted colorways, and with help of lots of photos, explain how figure out what a yarn will look like knitted up. I’ll provide guidance on how to best apply different types of colorways for the most attractive results. Along the way I tell stories about the best, the worst, and the most surprising skeins of variegated yarns I’ve bought, and I encourage you to show off interesting, challenging and problematic skeins so we can figure them out!
Saturday Seminar Summer Holidays: we're going to take a short summer break and while we'll still have classes, we'll refrain from booking Saturday Seminars from August 14 - 28, 2021.
Read these tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- A Zoom calendar invitation and an email reminder with the meeting information will be sent to you the day before the seminar.
- Can't find your login info? Cynthia sends two emails (a google calendar invite and an email that contains "Saturday Seminar" and the name of the guest in the subject line). Please check your spam folder for the email if it's not in your inbox.
- As this is an online seminar, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built-in or attached.
- The seminar will be recorded for internal review after the event.
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to an RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If our guest is unable to attend or our minimum enrolment is not met and we have to cancel/postpone, a full refund of your registration fee will be offered.
- Transfer? You may transfer your registration for this seminar to another participant by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Any transfers must occur 24 hours before the seminar is scheduled. Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.