Learn from a Pro (no homework involved)
Every Saturday, we're hosting one fav designer on Zoom for a 60-minute seminar on a topic of interest. Our guest will have the floor for 30 - 45 minutes to talk about the topic and we'll spend the rest of the time in discussion format. The best part of all is that you don't have to leave your home and there's no homework! Our guest will share swatches, designs, photos, and demos with you as well as answer your questions about projects and techniques.
Ann Budd: Tips for Finishing Finesse. Saturday, April 10 at 11:00 am MDT. Through more than 45 years of knitting, which included editing and writing knitting books, Ann Budd has a number of tips and tricks to ensure her knitted projects have a professional look. In this class Ann will share some of her favourites for casting on, binding off, joining a new ball of yarn, counting rows, picking up stitches along necklines and heel flaps, and weaving in ends. Do you have a particular finishing question that you'd like addressed? Please send them (photos, too, if you like) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kate Atherley: Chart Reading. Saturday, April 24 at 11:00 am MDT. Charts are a very useful way to communicate complex pattern stitches, but they can be intimidating to many. This class provides knitters of all levels the tools to read, understand and comfortably work from charts for any type of knitting pattern: colorwork, cables and lace. We’ll talk about how to read them, and also share tips for working with them, keeping track of your progress, and making them as easy to read as possible.
Holli Yeoh: Mosaic Knitting. Saturday, May 22 at 11:00 am MDT. (Details coming soon!)
Read these tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- A Zoom calendar invitation and an email reminder with the meeting information will be sent to you the day before the seminar.
- Can't find your login info? Cynthia sends two emails (a google calendar invite and an email that contains "Saturday Seminar" and the name of the guest in the subject line). Please check your spam folder for the email if it's not in your inbox.
- As this is an online seminar, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built-in or attached.
- The seminar will be recorded for internal review after the event.
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to an RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If our guest is unable to attend or our minimum enrolment is not met and we have to cancel/postpone, a full refund of your registration fee will be offered.
- Transfer? You may transfer your registration for this seminar to another participant by contacting email@example.com. Any transfers must occur 24 hours before the seminar is scheduled. Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.