Rug hooking is both an art and a craft where rugs are made by pulling loops of yarn or fabric through a stiff woven base such as burlap, linen, or rug warp. The loops are pulled through the backing material by using a crochet-type hook mounted in a handle (usually wood) for leverage.
Deanne Fitzpatrick has made rug hooking simple for beginners and advanced creative minds. Great stash buster too. You might just get hooked!
Each 6" x 6" kit contains:
- A hand drawn pattern on burlap or linen.
- All the wool cloth strips and textures you need to complete the kit
- A rug hook
- A colour key to tell you where the colours go
- A colour picture of the completed image
- An illustrated set of instructions
You will also need a 10" quilting hoop for this project. We strongly recommend adding this on to your first order to assist you in keeping your fabric taut and easier to hook with.