The Rosalind Hat and Mitt kit contains the yarn and pattern needed to make this adorable set, designed exclusively for River City Yarns by Fiona Ellis. The kit contains the amount of yarn required to make any of the three sizes (child, small adult, med/large adult) in the pattern. We love the colour combos created with our River City Yarns Epic (100% Peruvian wool) yarn.
- 4 balls of River City Yarns Epic in one main colour and three contrasting colours; and
- 1 print copy of the Rosalind Hat and Mitten pattern by Fiona Ellis.
- All kits include 4 balls of River City Yarns Epic, in a Main Colour (MC), Colour A (CA), Colour B (CB) and Colour C (CC).
- Royal Red Combo includes: 500 Royal Red (MC), 100 Ivory (CA), 200 Coal (CB), and 700 Harvest (CC).
- Navy Combo includes: 400 Navy (MC), 100 Ivory (CA), 910 Steel (CB), and 630 Grasslands (CC).
- Grasslands Combo includes: 630 Grasslands (MC), 800 Bison (CA), 150 Camel (CB), and 100 Ivory (CC).
Supplies needed (purchased separately):
- (Hat) 4.5mm (US 7) circular knitting needle, 16" / 40cm length;
- (Hat & Mittens) 4.5mm (US 7) knitting needles for working a small circumference in the round: double pointed needles, 1 long circular or short circulars;
- (Hat) 3 safety pins, (Mittens) Waste yarn for holding thumb stitches
- (Both) Stitch Markers, and
- (Both)Tapestry Needle
Finished Measurements: to fit a child (small adult, med/large adult)
- Hat circumference: 18 (20 ½, 23) ins / 46 (52, 58.5) cm
- Hat length to crown: 6 ½ (7 ¼, 7 ¾) ins / 16.5 (18.5, 20) cm
- Mitten palm circumference: 6 (7, 8 ½) ins / 15 (18, 21.5) cm
- Mitten length cuff to tip: 7 ½ (9, 10 ¼) ins / 19 (23, 26) cm
About the Rosalind Hat and Mitten set:
Inspired by traditional Nordic patterning, this hat & mitten set is not only fabulous to wear alongside your Rosalind sweater or with your Rosalind Cowl, it’s a great learning project for stranded colour work. Spice up your winter with these cozy accessories, choose your colour palette and design placement for your unique take on this design. We chose our River City Yarns Epic for this project. The 100% Peruvian wool will keep your head and hands toasty warm.