We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Olga Buraya-Kefelian right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
You won't be able to stop at one... trust me.
We all love the look of cabled knits but some of them can be quite complex to execute! In this class students will be presented with 5 various complexity level novel options of creating cables using other than the traditional technique! After the presentation, the students can swatch for either of the provided methods. And can later shop to choose from a range of headband accessory patterns to make using one of these unique techniques (those patterns are not part of the class). Psst! Olga's individual patterns are 20% off for the month of September. Use the coupon code: FALL20 and stock up.
The next session of this 2-hour online class takes place on Wednesday, November 17 starting at 3:30 pm PT, 4:30 pm MT, 5:30 pm CT, 6:30 pm ET, 7:30 pm AT.
You will have an opportunity to learn:
- Various cast on methods and their benefits
- Ways of picking up stitches on purl side and work welts
- Different methods for achieving 3D look of cables using 5 methods
- How to perform several methods of cable decreases
- Tips and suggestions on when to use all of these techniques in knitwear
Skill level: you need to know how to knit, purl, cast on and bind off.
- 2-3 colours of 200 yds of worsted weight yarn for swatching in bright or light colours
- US 6 / 4.0mm knitting needle
- US 7 / 4.5mm knitting needle
- Double pointed needles in sizes US 4 / 3.5mm and US 5 / 3.75mm
- Crochet Hook size F or G / 3.75mm or 4.0mm
- Tapestry needle
Olga Buraya-Kefelian grew up in Belarus and learned to knit from her seamstress mother at a very young age. It wasn't until her mid-twenties that her knitting developed beyond a hobby and a distraction from the hardships of military life, into a career in knitwear design. She has created her own brand of knitwear patterns “Olgajazzy” that are sold via her website and authored several publications. But you can also see her designs in many publications like Brooklyn Tweed, Amirisu, PomPom, Laine, etc. Currently residing in Alexandria, Virginia she continues work on her brand and numerous collaborations while teaching classes and workshops internationally. Cynthia has attended Olga's virtual classes and wants you to know that she's an excellent instructor. Visit Olga's website olgajazzy.com to see more examples of her work and follow her on social media platforms: @olgajazzyknits.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Time (MT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.