We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Olga Buraya-Kefelian right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
"I can't believe it's not Intarsia".
Have you ever wondered if it's possible to create intarsia without bobbins? The answer will be discovered when you choose to knit this gorgeous Wave Cowl using modular style colorwork and utilizing partial knitting as well as short-rows. You will have an option to implement optional tassels and customize this cowl to your liking.
The next session of this 2 part class (2 sessions x 2 hours each session) takes place on Saturday, December 4 and 11 starting at 12:00 pm PT, 1:00 pm MT, 2:00 pm CT, 3:00 pm ET, 4:00 pm AT.
You will have an opportunity to learn:
- Crochet Chain Cast On
- How to plan, shape, and knit modular style intarsia
- German Short Rows
- Weaving in ends directly into your knitting
- Mattress stitch
Skill level: you need to know how to knit, purl, cast on and bind off.
- 490 yds in MC and 200 yds in CC of fingering weight yarn, preferably light or bright semi-solid colors
- US 4 (3.5 mm) circular needle, 24-36" / 60-80cm in length
- Crochet Hook size E (3.5 mm) or F (3.75 mm)
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- Purchase the Wave Cowl (hand) pattern before class
Make a gauge swatch on suggested needle size or use size to obtain gauge: 24 sts and 38 rows = 4” in Stockinette stitch worked flat, measured once washed and blocked.
Using the Crochet Chain method, CC, and larger needle, CO a total of 116 sts as follows: CO 25 sts, place marker 4, CO 8 sts, place marker 3, CO 25 sts, place a differently-colored marker for center of piece, CO 25 sts, place marker 2, CO 8 sts, place marker 1, CO 25 sts.
Olga Buraya-Kefelian grew up in Belarus and learned to knit from her seamstress mother at a very young age. It wasn't until her mid-twenties that her knitting developed beyond a hobby and a distraction from the hardships of military life, into a career in knitwear design. She has created her own brand of knitwear patterns “Olgajazzy” that are sold via her website and authored several publications. But you can also see her designs in many publications like Brooklyn Tweed, Amirisu, PomPom, Laine, etc. Currently residing in Alexandria, Virginia she continues work on her brand and numerous collaborations while teaching classes and workshops internationally. Cynthia has attended Olga's virtual classes and wants you to know that she's an excellent instructor. Visit Olga's website olgajazzy.com to see more examples of her work and follow her on social media platforms: @olgajazzyknits.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Time (MT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.