Looking for a gift to celebrate a birthday or special occasion? Something for a dear friend who knits or loves crochet? Or perhaps something special to brighten your day? We've got just the thing.
Our Maker's Gift Pack includes two skeins of beautiful fingering weight yarns hand dyed by Canadian dye artists, with an option to include a triangular shawl pattern design available in either knit or crochet. We've also tucked in a beautiful handmade glass charm as a special momento from all of us here at River City Yarns.
The Yarns: these special pairings contain special yarns. In your special Makers Gift Pack, you'll find two skeins chosen from :
- Our exclusive RCY Adam & Eve (81% superwash Merino wool, 9% cashmere, 10% nylon, 115 g / 4.06 oz. 325 m / 355 yds)
- RCY Hat Trick / Ancient Arts Socknado (80% superwash Merino wool, 20% nylon 100 g / 3.5 oz, 350 m / 385 yds). Each combo is handpicked just for you!
- Julie Asselin Fino (75% superwash merino wool, 15% cashmere, 10% silk, 115 g / 4 oz, 370 m / 400 yds)
- Rhichard Devrieze Thede base (80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon, 110 g / 3.88 oz, 360 m / 400 yds) and/or
- two skeins of Rhichard Devrieze's lovely Peppino (100% Superwash Merino, 65g / 2.3oz, 206 m / 225 yds)
The Charm: We've added a handmade lamp work glass stitch marker, made by Robbi with Red Door Designs, a friend and local maker from Edmonton. Each bead is one of a kind, and mounted on a ring that fits up to an 8 mm needle. Just string it on a chain or a length of cord or pretty ribbon. Always wear a stitch marker and you'll never be without!
Add: the Inspiration. Talented designer, author and teacher, Carissa Browning has designed sister shawls, Thisaway (knit) and Thataway (crochet). Same basic design but one is knit and one is crochet. Both use two colors of fingering weight yarn and include simple, relaxing stitches, engaging stripes, and an unusual (but easy) construction method, perfect for all skill levels.
You can include a needle or hook, too. Add one/both of these to your cart: 3.25mm, 60 cm circular needle for Thisaway and/or a 4.0mm crochet hook for Thataway. Use the customer note section to let us know you'd like the needle/hook included inside the box or package.
Looking for additional patterning? With fingering weight yarns, you can make so many different projects. Add on to your gift pack order with one or more of our original patterns designed exclusively for Hat Trick and/or Adam & Eve projects.
Note about hand painted yarns: These skeins are dyed by hand and may vary in colour and/or intensity from skein to skein, even within the same dyelot. Colours viewed on different monitors may have shade and tone differences from the actual product.
Care Instructions: Machine wash, delicate. Lay flat to dry.