Tin Can Knits has done it again! Emily and Alexa have a brand new blanket pattern that's easy and inspiring to knit, written in several sizes and for multi gauges, with baby in mind or modified for a larger home decor blanket.
With baby in mind, we've put together colourful kits (Note: this is a Yarn kit- pattern available separately below), using easy care, machine washable wools from Berroco.
Want to design your own Lullaby with different yarns or colours? or to coordinate with a special chair or sofa? Email us for a custom colour and fibre consultation to go with your home decor.
Here's what's in our baby version Lullaby kit:
- 2, 3, or 4 skeins of Berroco Pixel (100 g / 3.5 oz), (300 m / 320 yds) 100% Superwash Wool for the Wide stripes (Main Colour) depending on size chosen.
- 1, 2, or 2 skeins of Berroco Vintage DK (100 g / 3.5 oz), (265 m / 290 yds)40% wool, 52% acrylic, 8% nylon for the Narrow Stripes (Contrast Colour) depending on size chosen.
- A special wooden laser engraved button to sew on to your blanket from Brickbubble picked especially for your kit.
- A canvas project tote to keep it all together
You will also need:
- Lullaby Pattern - available on Tin Can Knit website or on Ravelry
- 4.5 mm / 80 cm Circular needle
- Stitch Markers and Darning Needle
Tin Can Knits describe Lullaby this way, "Soft waves of colour cascade over your knees as you knit, keeping you cozy and inspired by their ever-changing combinations.There is nothing complex, new, or groundbreaking here — just the comforting repetition of soft, undulating stripes.These gentle waves are shaped by a stitch pattern as old as the hills, like a lullaby passed down for generations, sung soft and low by a grandparent gently rocking their little one."
Lullaby is knit flat, in rows from end to end, and comes with charted stitch pattern as well as written out instructions. With multi gauges and 3 sizes from Stroller (26" wide x 32' long) to Crib (32" x 40") and Throw (40" x 52") this is a great project to allow you to play with colour, texture, and halo to bring further richness and joy to the simple blanket.