Online workshops are the best! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
What It's All About
Are you ready to take up knitting? We're ready to show you how! Come and join us for three, one-hour sessions where we'll teach you the basics: casting on, the knit stitch, the purl stitch, binding off and how to use simple notions to keep track of your progress. Absolute beginners are welcome and self-taught knitters will also benefit from this workshop. The online classes will be recorded for you to review later and we also provide a series of helpful video tutorials for extra assistance between classes.
This class will take place online. There are three sessions to attend and each session will be 90 minutes, over three consecutive weeks. Want to join us? Add this class to your cart, then consult the materials list below to have everything you need before class starts.
Can I take this class?
This class is intended for absolute beginners (perhaps you've never held knitting needles before?) and will also benefit self-taught knitters who want to understand the fundamentals better. One registration per participant is required with the exception of younger participants or anyone with special needs who may require assistance from another household member. Please contact email@example.com if you have questions or concerns.
You'll need these materials for class:
Resource Book: purchase and download the Churchmouse Classroom Learn to Knit Companion booklet. If you prefer to purchase a print copy, we have them in stock. We will refer to this booklet throughout the class and consider it to be an essential resource.
Pattern: your project for this class is a scarf pattern called Wheat, available free from Tin Can Knits (a great design company). Please download this pattern here.
Yarn: the project requires approximately 366m / 400yds of a worsted or aran weight (#4, medium) yarn. Choose a light, solid colour. We recommend 2 balls of RCY Epic (100% wool, handwash) OR Berroco Ultra Wool (100% wool, machine washable) or Estelle Worsted (a wool-acrylic blend, machine washable). Note: you will need to wind Estelle Worsted into a ball before class. Here's a "how to at home" link.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone. You will receive an online class invite within 24 hours of registering.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided as part of the registration fee will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please email Cynthia (see above).