Online workshops are the best! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
What It's All About
Learn to knit in the round on circular needles and make yourself a beautiful, easy toque. You’ll learn the long-tail cast-on, a multi-purpose and super quick cast-on, how to join to start working in the round, and how to switch between knitting and purling. We’ll make an easy toque with a ribbed cuff and a body with a simple stockinette pattern with an optional garter section for added interest. We’ll learn about the differences between stockinette stitch worked flat and worked in the round and about some easy ways to customize your hat. Then you’ll learn how to decrease and bind off the end and finish your project with expertly woven-in ends and blocking.
This class will take place online. There are two sessions to attend and each session will be 90 minutes, over two consecutive weeks. Want to join us? Add this class to your cart, then consult the materials list below to have everything you need before class starts.
Can I take this class?
This class is intended for novice knitters and beyond. You must know how to knit and purl. That’s it! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns.
You'll need these materials for class:
Pattern: we're using Barley, by Tin Can Knits. This lovely hat is part of TCK's Simple Collection and it's a free pattern. Download it before class!
Yarn: 70 - 170 yards (64 - 155 m) worsted/aran weight yarn. You'll need 150 yards for the adult medium size. We recommend one ball/skein of one of these yarns: Estelle Worsted, RCY Epic, Berroco Ultra Wool, Rhichard Devrieze Fynn or Manos Alegria Grande for this project.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone. You will receive an online class invite within 24 hours of registering.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided as part of the registration fee will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please email Cynthia (see above).