We've arranged to hold a class with Ann Budd on Zoom. You can take this class from the comfort of your own home and the session will be recorded, in case you have any internet connection issues.
Magic Loop? DPNs? 2 Circs?
Double-pointed needles, circular needles, two circular needles, magic loop—these are ways to work small (and large) circumferences in rounds. Whether you’re interested in knitting hats, mittens, socks, sleeves, or sweaters without seams, you’ll need to work the stitches in a tube. In this one-hour online class, Ann Budd will demonstrate the different methods and give pointers on how to cast on and successfully join stitches for knitting in rounds, how to keep track of the end/beginning of the round, and how to manage multiple needles. Before you know it, you’ll be knitting circles around your friends!
If you’d like to practice the techniques demonstrated, you’ll need yarn and double-pointed and circular needles in a size that’s appropriate for your yarn (i.e., size U.S. 7/4.5 mm needles for worsted-weight yarn).
The next session of this one hour class is taking place on Wednesday, March 2 starting at 12:00 pm PST, 1:00 pm MST, 2:00 pm CST, 3:00 pm EST, 4:00 pm AST.
You need to know how to cast on and knit. That's it!
Ann BuddAnn Budd is a teacher, writer, designer, and founder of Knit for Fun Retreats. She is the author of more than a dozen books, including The Knitter’s Handy Book series, Getting Started Knitting Socks, Sock Knitting Master Class, New Directions in Sock Knitting, and many of books in Interweave’s Style series. Ann lives in Boulder, Colorado, and teaches workshops across North America and beyond. Learn more at annbuddknits.com.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Standard Time (MST).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.