We're going online with our workshops! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
What it's All About
Tackle the intricacies of intarsia to add blocks and motifs of colour to your knitting. You’ll learn all the basics including joining colours, avoiding holes, managing all those ends and tangles, and reading graphs. We’ll also cover tension issues and show you how duplicate stitch can be used to fix mistakes or add even more colour, after the garment is done. We'll use the argyle design from the Rutherford Vest pattern as your practice piece. There is nothing to fear; by the end of this workshop, you’ll have the confidence to work with colour. The online workshop is presented over two 1.5 hour sessions via Zoom. There is a small amount of pre-work to do before the first class and between classes you’ll be asked to complete your 5" x 4” (12.5 x 10 cm) workshop swatch.
This online workshop is presented in two, 90 minute sessions over 2 weeks (3 hours in total) on Saturday, November 6 & 13 starting at 1:30pm PT, 2:30 pm MT, 3:30 pm CT, 4:30 pm ET, 5:30 pm AT.
A PDF with a small amount of pre-work will be sent to you shortly after registration in this class. Please make sure that you have done the pre-work completed before the first session.
- a small amount of a few colours of worsted weight plain wool in light to medium colours. We recommend using RCY Epic, a 100% wool yarn available in solid colours.
- appropriately sized knitting needles for the yarn you bring
- tapestry needle
You should be able to knit, purl, cast on and bind off—advanced beginner.
Why Learn from Holli?
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.