We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Kate Atherley right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
One hand or two?
Suitable for knitters with no colourwork experience, this class provides a gentle and confidence-building introduction to working with two colours. We'll teach you different ways to handle the yarns, talk about strategies for yarn management (no pesky twisting!), and share techniques to make it easy and fun. We'll cover chart-reading and yarn choices, and explain the key concepts, including busting some myths and clarifying what's going on with "yarn dominance". This is all about helping you understand the hows and whys of two-colour, and getting you ready for your first project.
“Just finished going through this workshop - think it is the best one yet! I learned so much and definitely feel more confident about colour work.” - Janet S
Students should have on hand: scraps of two strongly contrasting colours of worsted weight yarn, and needles for working flat, and optionally, for small circumference in the round (e.g. DPNs, magic loop).
This two-hour class takes place on Thursday, June 29 at 10:00 am PDT, 11:00 am MDT, 12:00 pm CDT, 1:00 pm EDT, 2:00 pm ADT.
Bonus! Each participant in this class will receive a complimentary pdf download of Kate's design for "Not Flying", a hat and mitten combination that will help you practice your new skills.
Kate Atherley has been teaching knitting professionally for more than 15 years at stores and events all over Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. Her latest book, Custom-Fit Hats is her ninth, and the fourth in a series on customizing projects for perfect fit and style; it joins works on shawls, socks, and mittens. Her focus in all her work is the empowerment of knitters, illuminating both the methods and mechanics of the craft. The combination of her university degree in mathematics, professional experience in software development and usability, and training in garment and fashion design give her a unique perspective. She also works as a technical editor, helping other designers and authors bring their work into the world. She lives in Toronto with her husband and the family of skunks under their porch. www.kateatherley.com
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Time (MT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.