Online classes are the best! Take this class from the comfort of your home, using Zoom.
What It's All About
In this introductory amigurumi workshop, you will learn how to crochet your own adorable succulent plant, one that's totally customizable and impossible to kill! You'll learn everything you need to know to succeed in further amigurumi projects: the correct yarn and hook choice, how to keep track of your rounds, how to start with a "Magic Circle," how to use safety eyes and thread to add a face, and how to sew all the pieces together.
Next session takes place: Wednesdays, July 21 & 28 from 4:00 - 5:30 pm MT
This class will take place online. There are two sessions to attend and each session will be 90 minutes, over two consecutive weeks. Want to join us? Add this class to your cart, then consult the materials list below to have everything you need before class starts.
Can I take this class?
This project is great for an Advanced Beginner. You are comfortable and confident with basic crochet stitches, in particular: slip stitch and single crochet, increase and decrease stitches and working in the round. You have completed several projects on your own and want to learn amigurumi techniques and improve your pattern reading skills.
You'll need these materials for class:
Pattern: we'll be working from the Baby Jade Plant by Nicole Mansfield. You can purchase this pattern through Ravelry here. You'll need to refer to it in the first class. (Photo credit: Nicole Mansfield).
Yarn: approximately ??m/g of a worsted weight (#4) cotton yarn (we like Rowan Handknit Cotton) in a shade of green for the plant (309 Celery or 219 Gooseberry) and in 1 - 2 colours for the plant pot and an "earthy" shade for the soil. You will also need a small amount of wool/polyester fibrefill to stuff the pot.
Hook: 3.5mm crochet hook (or a size that allows you to create a dense fabric)
Optional: Small amounts of embroidery thread in black and yellow will complete the optional embroidery and flower embellishments, two safety eyes (8mm) and decorative pebbles.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone. You will receive an online class invite within 24 hours of registering.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please email Cynthia (see above).
Photos used with permission by Nicole Mansfield. Please support crochet designers by purchasing their patterns!