We're going online with our workshops! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
What it's All About
Knitting and mistakes go hand in hand. All knitters, even the most advanced ones make mistakes. You already know how to make simple fixes like dealing with a dropped stitch or twisted stitches. Now it’s time to kick it up a notch and learn some advanced skills to fix your mistakes. We’ll concentrate on lace and cables, ripping out small sections and recreating them row by row instead of ripping out several rows or the entire project.
A PDF with a small amount of pre-work will be sent to you upon registration in this class. Please make sure that you have done the pre-work completed before the first session.
- two homework swatches
- smooth yarn in a light colour, preferably with some wool content; worsted weight for cable swatch; fingering to worsted weight for lace swatch
- appropriately sized knitting needles
- double-pointed needles approximately 2 sizes smaller (wood or bamboo, if possible)
- cable needle
- crochet hook (similar size to knitting needles)
- ONE of the following: small blocking square, or foam mat, or small throw pillow, or piece of corrugated cardboard about 12” square
- T-pins or straight pins with a large, glass bead head
- reading glasses, if you need them!
- point protectors or two rubber bands
- knitter’s tool kit
You’re comfortable with the basics and know how to knit simple lace and cables, read a chart, and follow simple pattern instructions.
Why Learn from Holli?
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.