We're going online with our workshops! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
What It's All About
You already know the knit and purl stitches and you've worked on straight needles. Now, you'd like to try knitting in the round (no seams!) In this two part, online class, you'll learn two methods for navigating knitting in the round: magic loop, using a long circular needle and double pointed needles (dpns). Your first project will be a small, preemie-sized hat. Once you've mastered the technique, you'll have the confidence you need to tackle other "circular" projects such as hats, mittens, socks, handbags, cowls and so much more.
For this class, we have prepared a materials kit, to ensure that you have a good yarn and tools to use at home. The kit includes a machine washable yarn, a set of double-pointed needles, a circular needle and our River City Yarns' exclusive beanie pattern which includes sizing from preemie up to adult. The materials kit is included in your registration fee. A member of our team will contact you to arrange shipping/curbside pickup for your kit.
Can I take this class?
In order for you to be successful in this class, you must be able to cast on, knit and purl independently (you don't have to look anything up or ask for help). For a review of these stitches and techniques, watch our Learn to Knit video.
If you require your kit to be shipped to you, make sure you choose a class date that is at least 3 weeks away if you live in Canada and 5 weeks away if you are in the United States.If you are local, please choose a class date that will allow you to pick up your kit in advance (curbside pickups are Tue - Sat from 12 - 4 pm).
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone. You will receive an online class invite within 24 hours of registering.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please email Cynthia (see above).