This gradient dye kit is so much fun! Learn how to make your own gradient dyed yarn using food-safe dye and equipment found in your kitchen. When you've finished your dyeing, you can turn your yarn into a cute "Elf hat" using the pattern we've included for you. The pattern provides instructions for four sizes: Toddler, Child, Youth and Adult (head circumference from 16" - 22").
Our kit includes:
- one 100g ball of RCY Epic (100% virgin wool; 200 m/100 g)
- one jar of Wilton Icing Colours (14.1g/0.5oz)**
- instructions for making your gradient dyed yarn
- a copy of our "Elf Hat" pattern (a perfect project for your new yarn!)
- instructions on how to dye yarn
Other items you’ll need:
- microwave safe container (approximately 4 cup capacity)
- (for knitting the hat): 4.5mm double pointed needles and one 16" circular and 3 stitch markers
**Please note: if ordering online, you can request a colour preference (yellow, copper, pink, red, purple, blue, green, brown, black) and we will do our best to fill your colour preference.