Come out and join in on a special Knit-A-Long (KAL) event hosted by Caroline Sommerfeld (Ancient Arts) and Barb and Cynthia (River City Yarns). We'll be working on Birds of a Feather by Andrea Mowry. This beautiful shawl combines a delicate mohair lace and a fine fingering weight yarn for a lightweight accessory to warm your shoulders in the late summer evening.
Take the guesswork out of substituting yarns and matching colours with custom Flock Together kits available here or at Ancient Arts. If you would like some help selecting just the right yarns and colours, Caroline has created six custom colourways, with yarns that are a very close match to the lightweight and airy yarns Andrea used in her original design. Each of the colours has been dyed to compliment, yet contrast, each other.
Each Flock Together kit contains the following:
- 2 skeins of Ancient Arts Merino Singles (MS), a 100% Superwash Merino Single Ply with 413 meters / 452 yards per 113 gram / 4.0 oz skein
- 1 skein of Delicacy (D), a 75% Superkid Mohair / 25% Mulberry Silk Lace with 420 meters / 459 yards per 50 gram / 1.75 oz skein
- a gauze bag to hold your project together and keep everything in one place
Choose from these curated colour combinations:
- A Summer in Monaco - Monet (MS) and Cerulean (D)
- Autumn Leaves (MS) and Abyssinian (D)
- Bee Happy (MS) and Pieces of Eight (D)
- Contemplation (MS) and Contemplation (D)
- Le Berceau (The Cradle) - Morisot (MS) and Champagne (D)
- Lupins - Ginette Callaway (MS) and House Orchid (D)
Please Note: you will need to purchase the Birds of a Feather pattern from Andrea Mowry separately.
River City Yarns and Ancient Arts are organizing three 60 minute "Flock Together" zoom events starting at 1:00 pm MT (12:00 pm PT, 2:00 pm CT, 3:00 pm ET, 4:00 pm AT) on Saturdays: August 7, 14 and 28. (Note: no session on August 21). Join Barb, Cynthia and Caroline for tips and tricks, answers to your questions and motivation to keep on track. Register here to download the zoom login code for these free KAL sessions.
Note about hand painted yarns: These skeins are dyed by hand and may vary in colour and/or intensity from skein to skein, even within the same dyelot. Colours viewed on different monitors may have shade and tone differences from the actual product.