We're going online with our workshops! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
Smooth Sailing away from Sleeve Island!
After Fiona’s very popular Saturday Seminar on Sleeve styles, participants requested a longer more in depth look at sleeve modifications for knits. This 3 hour, two-part class will do just that, covering topics such as: methods for constructing and working sleeves; how to measure the body for best fit; how to shorten or lengthen a sleeve and fully fashioning shaping; options for matching a sleeve style to a body type; stitch patterns for sleeves, changing the shape of a sleeve and much, much more!
We joke about being stranded on Sleeve Island but for many of us, it's very true! Fiona will help you understand how to build a great sleeve, get off Sleeve Island and navigate your way through your pattern instructions or make modifications for better fit and style. Smooth(er) sailing with Captain Ellis!
Want to view the original "Trick up my Sleeve" seminar with Fiona? This recording is available for viewing for a limited time for $25; or $15 (save $10) when you register for this class. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and she'll hook you up.
Skill level: advanced beginner, able to knit & purl and with some knowledge of how to shape a piece / work increases and decreases.
Materials Required: a handout will be provided with notes, but participants should have a pen and paper on hand. A tape measure will be required for measuring after the first session.
Fiona Ellis is a graduate of DeMontfort University (England) with a degree in fashion knitwear design. She has been designing professionally for over 25 years. Her designs are available in leading magazine publications on-line and at River City Yarns. She is the author of Inspired Cable Knits, Knitspiration Journal and Inspired Fair Isle Knits. You can find out what she is currently doing at fionaellisonline.com. Why take a class with Fiona? She's knowledgeable and talented but even more important, she's patient and kind. You'll learn so much from Fiona (just like Barb and Cynthia)!
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.