The Laurentian Plateau covers almost half of Canada, from the Great Lakes to the Arctic Ocean. The rugged landscape inspires images of snow, mineral rich rock and migrating caribou herds. The yellow diamonds in this entrelac design add a pop of colour, framed by the monochromatic hues of a snowy Canadian vista from the rocky outcrop of a mountain top. Garter stitch gives this blanket a lofty warmth like a fat ptarmigan! When you’re done, wrap yourself up and enjoy the sunset from your balcony or cabin deck, on a pier, in a prairie field or at the edge of the forest; you’ll be cozy and warm!
We've put together yarn kits in our sample colourway ('cause we love it so much) and in three sizes. Pattern and other supplies sold separately (because, you might already have them!)
- Baby: 24.5" x 33" (62cm x 84cm)
- Lap: 35.25" x 47.5" (89.5cm x 120.5cm)
- Throw: 47.25" x 63.75" (120cm x 162cm)
- 2 (3, 5) balls in 300 Snow (C1)
- 1 (2, 4) ball(s) in 900 Silver (C2)
- 1 (2, 4) ball(s) in 910 Steel (C3)
- 1 (2, 3) ball(s) in 200 Coal (C4)
- 1 (1, 2) ball(s) in 700 Harvest (C5)
Supplies needed (purchased separately):
- The Laurentian pattern (PDF or Print copy) here
- Two 4.5mm (US 7) circular needles, 80 (100, 120) cm / 32 (40, 47)" long
- Stitch Markers
Designed exclusively for River City Yarns by Holli Yeoh. New to entrelac? Consider signing up for Entrelac in the Round (online workshop) with Holli Yeoh on Saturday, February 26, 2020. Check out all of Holli's knitting classes happening at River City Yarns here.