Well, if the Easter Bunny didn’t leave something adorable behind! These baby bunnies will keep your hard- or soft-boiled eggs warm and also serve as a great hiding spot for those yummy Easter Creme eggs! A small amount of yarn and a small amount of time will keep you from scrambling for Easter decorations. Get cracking!
Your kit includes:
- One 50g skein of Camp Color
- One ball of Lang Lace Mohair Silk or Rowan Kidsilk Haze - colour matched (see below for colour pairings).
- A print copy of the Easter Bunny Egg Cosy pattern
You'll also need:
- 3.0 mm needles for knitting small circumferences in the round. Gauge isn't critical for this project, so smaller or larger needles will also work.
- (Optional) a crochet hook in a similar size for making a bow to go around our bunny ears; and
- A tapestry needle for weaving in ends and embroidering the face.
- Ball Weight: 25g / 0.88oz
- Ball Length: 310 m / 339 yds
- Yarn Fiber: 58% Mohair (superkid), 42% silk
- Care Instructions: Hand wash. Lay flat to dry.
Rowan Kid Silk Haze
- Ball Weight: 25 g / 0.88 oz
- Ball Length: 210 m / 229 yds
- Yarn Fibre: 70% mohair, 30% silk
- Care instructions: Hand wash cool, lay flat to dry.
- Weight: 50 g / 1.75 oz
- Ball Length: 173 m / 190 yds
- Yarn Fibre: 100% Superwash Merino
- Care Instructions: Machine wash, gentle. Lay flat to dry.
Have any left overs? Try this adorable knitted bunny pattern by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer. Jackie says, "Make a bunny out of a square piece of knitting. It’s almost as clever as pulling a rabbit out of hat!"