We've arranged to hold a class with Lucy Neatby on Zoom. You can take this class from the comfort of your own home and the session will be recorded, in case you have any internet connection issues.
Double Knitting: a completely reversible technique
Make a voyage of discovery to achieve a deeper understanding of your knitting! Discover some of the many delights of flat, double-layer knitting. Using two differently coloured yarns we will work two fabrics simultaneously before introducing positive/negative colour patterning. Shapings and bind-off methods will also be covered.
The next session of this 2 hour class will take place on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 12:00 pm PT, 1:00 pm MT, 2:00 pm CT, 3:00 pm ET, 4:00 pm AT.
Skill Level: Intermediate knitters, confident of knitting and purling.
- Two double pointed needles of sizes 3.5 - 4.0 mm/US #4 - 6
- 20g each of two contrasting solid colours of smooth DK or Worsted weight yarn
- Crochet hook
- Usual knitting paraphernalia (wool needle, stitch markers, measuring tape, etc)
In one colour, casat on 24 sts and work 2 rows of (k1, p1) rib.
Lucy has been an adventurous knitter since she was 17. She is originally from the UK, where she was a navigating officer in the Merchant Navy. She has lived in Nova Scotia for the last 29 years. The Fleece Artist in Halifax, gave her the opportunity to teach classes shortly after her arrival, and she discovered her passion for sharing the engineering marvels of knitting. She has not stopped spreading the joy of Happy Stitches since!
She is known almost as much for her taste in colour as for her friendly, detailed, technique-rich knitting patterns, and her particular fondness for double-layer knitting. She has written three books: Cool Socks Warm Feet, Cool Knitters Finish in Style and A Little Book of BIG Holes for Hand-knitters!, and has filmed 16 DVD titles. She has five classes on Craftsy.com: Foundations of Double Knitting, My First Socks, Next Steps in Socks, Fearless Knitting and the free Sock of Month series for 2016.
She also occasionally offers an unusual knitting camp on Big Tancook Island (where she now lives), or sometimes much further afield. Lucy enjoys trying to dispel the myth that only sedentary, quiet people in rocking chairs knit: she loves cycling, down-hill skiing, sailing, quilting, colourful home improvement and narrow-boating on the historic UK canal system. You can find Lucy on Ravelry, Instagram, and on her Lucyknit YouTube channel. Her patterns , e books and virtual DVDs are now available from Little Barn Studio (LittleBarnStudio.ca), Etsy and Ravelry.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Standard Time (MST).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.