We're going online with our workshops! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
What It's All About
You already know the basics of crochet and now you want build on what you know. Learning to read crochet charts will open up a world of possibilities for you! In this two-part online workshop, you will learn how to read a crochet chart, how to measure your gauge, how to keep your edges straight, how to create a triangular shape, how to track your progress on a chart, and how to block your finished product. And the best part is, you will end up with a lovely triangular lace scarf/shawl.
The workshop fee includes your own digital version of the pattern for Jenn Wolfe Kaiser's Over the Willamette crocheted shawl.
The next session of this online workshop takes place: Wednesdays, August 18 & 25, 2021, starting at 3:30 pm MT (2:30 pm PT, 4:30 pm CT, 5:30 pm ET, 6:30 pm AT).
Can I take this class?
This project is great for intermediate crocheters. You are comfortable and confident with basic crochet stitches, in particular: slip stitch, chain stitch, single crochet and treble crochet. You have completed one or more projects on your own, and are comfortable reading a pattern, and want to learn how to read a charted pattern.
You'll need these materials for class:
Yarn: one, 100g skein of a fingering weight yarn will make a small size shawlette. Two skeins will allow you to make a generous size and two colours are even more fun! We recommend RCY Adam & Eve (there are no bad choices!)
Hook: 3.5mm crochet hook
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone. You will receive an online class invite within 24 hours of registering.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please email Cynthia (see above).