We're going online with our workshops! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
What It's All About
In this introductory amigurumi workshop, you will learn how to create a firm and dense crochet fabric to form the body of your octopus, how to form the shape of your octopus with increases and decreases, how to crochet and attach safe-for-baby eyes made out of yarn, and a simple and easy way to make curly tentacles. We think you'll have so much fun, you may want to keep going and create a whole colony of colourful octopi!
This class will take place online. There are two sessions to attend and each session will be 90 minutes, over two consecutive weeks. Want to join us? Add this class to your cart, then consult the materials list below to have everything you need before class starts.
Can I take this class?
This project is great for an Advanced Beginner. You are comfortable and confident with basic crochet stitches, in particular: slip stitch and single crochet, increase and decrease stitches and working in the round. You have completed several projects on your own and want to learn amigurumi techniques and improve your pattern reading skills.
You'll need these materials for class:
Pattern: we're using the Crochet Octopus pattern by Cheryl at crochet365knittoo. You can purchase an ad-free downloadable pattern (highly recommended) or use the free version on the Crochet 365 Knit Too website. You'll need to refer to it in the first class.
Yarn: approximately 85m of a worsted weight, cotton yarn. We recommend: two balls of Rowan Handknit Cotton or one ball of Rowan Handknit Cotton and one ball of Sirdar Happy Cotton (in contrasting colours). You will also need a small amount of wool/polyester fibrefill to stuff the head.
Hook: one 2.75 mm crochet hook.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone. You will receive an online class invite within 24 hours of registering.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please email Cynthia (see above).