We're going online with our workshops! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
What It's All About
Take your crochet skills to the next level and create a beautiful, heirloom blanket while exploring new (advanced) stitch patterns, improving your pattern reading skills and learning tips and tricks from our experienced and knowledgeable instructor. You'll also learn about gauge, how to block your work and how to add a border.
In class, you will work on a miniature/sampler version (dare we say, swatch?) of the larger project. Between classes, you'll continue to practice on a larger size version to create a beautiful blanket. The full-sized blanket (your homework) takes time to complete so breaks have been built into the schedule to allow you time to practice. There will be five weekly online class sessions over a seven week timeframe. Heather (our wonderful instructor) has prepared and uploaded an inventory of video demos for each stitch pattern for you to refer to between classes, so you will be well supported as your crochet skills grow!
Register before September 26, 2020 and get $10 off your registration fee!
Can I take this class?
If you have taken one of our crochet classes (Crochet 101, Crochet a French Market Bag, Crochet from a Shawl, Crochet Amigurumi) before and have completed your project, you are a good candidate for this workshop!
This project is great for advanced beginner or intermediate crocheters. You will get more out of these sessions if you are able to count your stitches and read patterns (but want to get better) and can successfully work the following crochet stitches on your own: chain, single crochet, double crochet. You have completed a few crochet projects on your own, following a pattern.
- Please download the US version of A Spicier Life Blanket by Sandra Paul (available free on Ravelry);
- Approx 2300m of a DK weight yarn in several colours. We recommend Berroco Vintage DK. We used 8 skeins in 7 colours (get 2 of your favourite colour for the border): 2100 Snow Day, 21105 Petunia, 2124 Kiwi, 2122 Banane, 2105 Oats, 2132 Sky Blue and 2172 Calico. With so many excellent shades, let your imagination be your guide to choosing!
- A 5.0mm crochet hook, and if possible, two additional hooks: one size smaller and one size bigger so that you can adjust your hook size to get gauge;
- Your notions kit (scissors, tapestry needle and locking stitch markers);
- A pen or pencil.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone. You will receive an online class invite within 24 hours of registering.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please email Cynthia (see above).