We're going online with our workshops! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
What It's All About
When it comes to knitters, decorating the tree wouldn't be complete without a pair of mini stockings! These little socks are just big enough to hold a small candy cane or a candy roll. And it's a great way to finish up small amounts of fingering weight yarn. Working on double pointed needles, or two circulars, you'll knit in the round, work left- and right-slanting decreases, turn the heel and shape the gusset. You'll finish off the toe by gathering stitches and you'll finish off the lesson by weaving in your ends.
Participants should know how to knit in the round on double pointed needles (dpns), two circulars or magic loop.
Pre-Work: Let's Get Started!
Cast on 24 sts and arrange evenly over 3 dpns (e.g. 8sts/8sts/8sts).
Cuff: Join in the round being careful not to twist your sts and work 10 rnds in 1x1 rib (*k1, p1, rep from * to end of rnd). When possible, attach a stitch marker to indicate the beginning of the round.
- your pre-work
- one set of 2.5 or 2.75mm knitting needles for working small circumferences: your choice of double pointed needles (set of four), two circulars or one long circular for magic loop.
- a small amount (5g) of fingering weight yarn (a perfect way to use a mini skein).
- a stitch marker and tapestry needle
- River City Yarn's Mini Stocking pattern (available as an electronic download with your registration)
- three hours of instruction (and the start of a fun, new tradition)!
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- You will receive an online class invite within 24 hours of the workshop.
- As this is an online class you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please email Cynthia (see above).