The Chocolate Moose Hat kit contains the yarn and pattern required to make the lovely and warm hat, designed by Ann Budd, exclusively for River City Yarns. The kit contains the amount of yarn required to make any of the three sizes (child, med adult, large adult) in the pattern.
- 2 balls of River City Yarns Epic in contrasting colours; and
- 1 print copy of the Chocolate Moose Hat
Supplies needed (purchased separately):
- 4.0mm (US 6) circular knitting needle, 24" / 60cm length;
- 4.0mm (US 6) knitting needles for working a small circumference in the round: double pointed needles, 1 long circular or short circulars;
- 4.0mm (US 6) double pointed needles for working I-cord;
- Stitch Marker; and
- Tapestry Needle
Finished Measurements: to fit a child (medium adult, large adult)
- Hat Circumference: 18 1⁄2 (22, 24) ins / 47 (56, 61) cm (approx).
- Hat Height: 8 (8 3⁄4, 9) ins / 20.5 (22, 23) cm.
About the Chocolate Moose Hat
Ann Budd, chef-extraordinaire, whipped up the recipe for this whimsical hat while binge-watching baking shows. Layers of warm wool are folded around the ears and stranded colourwork decorates the brim with a kiss of moose and a sprinkle of traditional snowflakes. Add a swirl of i-cord to the top for the perfect finish. This hat can be served in three sizes— perfect for a family setting. We chose our River City Yarns Epic for this project. The 100% Peruvian wool will keep your ears toasty warm (along with the fold up brim and stranded colourwork layer in the design). Want to make two hats? Order an extra ball of your main colour Epic yarn for each additional hat you'd like to make. (Only about 22g / 1oz of the contrast colour is needed for the medium adult hat).