We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Olga Buraya-Kefelian right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
Brioche or Fisherman's Rib?
Ever wondered what the difference is and what is in common between Brioche and Tuck and Fisherman’s rib and how to work them? Join this class to learn these methods and know how to tell them apart and how to benefit from using either of them. We will make either of these two reversible cowls using either of 2 methods. Students need to purchase the pattern of their choice: Reimei Cowl and/or Boshoku Cowl. Psst! Olga's individual patterns are 20% off for the month of September. Use the coupon code: FALL20 and stock up.
The next session of this 2-hour online class takes place on Monday, November 1 starting at 9:00 am PT, 10:00 am MT, 11:00 am CT, 12:00 pm ET, 1:00 pm AT.
You will have an opportunity to learn:
- Brioche stitch
- Tuck stitch
- Fisherman's Rib
- how to differentiate between these stitches and how to use them to their best advantage
Skill level: you need to know how to knit, purl, cast on and bind off.
- stitch marker
- tapestry needle
For Reimei Cowl:
- Your purchased copy of the Reimei Cowl pattern to use in class
- 40 yds of chunky weight yarn in MC.
- 140 yds of chunky weight yarn in CC.
- US 10 (6 mm) circular needle, 24" or 36"
- Crochet hook size G / 4.0 mm
For Boshoku Cowl:
- Your purchased copy of the Boshoku Cowl pattern to use in class
- 240 yds of chunky weight yarn.
- US 11 (8 mm) circular needle, 24ʺ long
- Crochet hook size G or H / 4.0mm or 5.0mm
Homework: Cast on for the cowl, and if the cowl has any plain rounds prior to brioche, work them before class.
Olga Buraya-Kefelian grew up in Belarus and learned to knit from her seamstress mother at a very young age. It wasn't until her mid-twenties that her knitting developed beyond a hobby and a distraction from the hardships of military life, into a career in knitwear design. She has created her own brand of knitwear patterns “Olgajazzy” that are sold via her website and authored several publications. But you can also see her designs in many publications like Brooklyn Tweed, Amirisu, PomPom, Laine, etc. Currently residing in Alexandria, Virginia she continues work on her brand and numerous collaborations while teaching classes and workshops internationally. Cynthia has attended Olga's virtual classes and wants you to know that she's an excellent instructor. Visit Olga's website olgajazzy.com to see more examples of her work and follow her on social media platforms: @olgajazzyknits.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Time (MT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.