According to our friends at Churchmouse Yarns & Teas, Annabella's cowl is one of the most versatile pieces you will own! We couldn't agree more and we have made these cowl out of many different fibres. We like to make them shorter, about half the length. We start the pattern and stop when we have a few meters left to bind off.
The key to this shortened version is to create a fabric that is soft and supple next to your skin. Using luxury fibres is always a good start and this week we bring you Annabella's cowl, using our own house brand 100% baby alpaca, El Rio and Rowan Kid Silk Haze. If you would like the full size Annabella, just add one more skein of El Rio and ball of Rowan Kid Silk Haze to your cart. Just for fun, we've tucked one of these super sweet wooden alpaca ornaments into your kit....use yarn left overs to make him a sweater.
Your kit includes:
- One skeins of RCY Original El Rio and one skein of Rowan Kidsilk Haze - colour matched (see below for colour pairings).
- A 3.5" alpaca-shaped ornament ($2 goes to Heifer International for each one purchased)
- A little treat to enjoy while you're working on your project.
- Annabella's Cowl pattern by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas (available as a hard copy or digital download)
- US 9 (5.5mm) 16"/40cm circular, or size to obtain gauge.
- Stitch Marker
- Tapestry needle
Here are the colour pairings we've selected:
- RCY El Rio in Burgundy and Rowan Kidsilk Haze in 595 Liqueur
- RCY El Rio in Chartreuse and Rowan Kidsilk Haze in 597 Jelly
- RCY El Rio in Fire Brick and Rowan Kidsilk Haze in 681 Romance
- RCY El Rio in Lilac and Rowan Kidsilk Haze in 669 Degas
- RCY El Rio in Pecan and Rowan Kidsilk Haze in 674 Bark
- RCY El Rio in Rose and Rowan Kidsilk Haze in 687 Nectar
- RCY El Rio in Teal Blue and Rowan Kidsilk Haze in 671 Peacock
Note about yarns from our website: Photographs aren't perfect; they don't capture the texture and feel of the yarn. Colours viewed on different monitors may have shade and tone differences from the actual product. If you would like assistance with selecting a colour or an opinion/advice on finding a good yarn for your project, please feel free to give us a call.