We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Kate Atherley right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
Knitting on the Edge!
Struggling with too-tight edges? Can't get your sock or mittens on? Garment necklines too tight? This session will show you key techniques for ensuring stretchy edges: a variety of flexible cast ons, some very helpful bind offs, and tips for making them easier and better. (You'll never run out of tail on your long tail cast on again!) We'll also talk about how to make the side edges of your pieces better, whether for one-piece items like scarves, or for pieces that are to be sewn up.
Skill level: advanced beginner/intermediate; knitters should be confident with knit, purl, cast on and bind off
Please bring: 4-5mm/US #6-8 needles and scrap yarn in a light color.
Have you got any specific questions about edges that you'd like Kate to address in class? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and she'll send them in advance. Time will be given for asking questions during the workshop as well.
Kate Atherley has been teaching knitting professionally for more than 15 years at stores and events all over Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. Her latest book, Custom-Fit Hats is her ninth, and the fourth in a series on customizing projects for perfect fit and style; it joins works on shawls, socks, and mittens. Her focus in all her work is the empowerment of knitters, illuminating both the methods and mechanics of the craft. The combination of her university degree in mathematics, professional experience in software development and usability, and training in garment and fashion design give her a unique perspective. She also works as a technical editor, helping other designers and authors bring their work into the world. She lives in Toronto with her husband and the family of skunks under their porch. www.kateatherley.com
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Time (MT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.