Get in on a fantastic class with Holli Yeoh, from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom.
Uh-oh! There's a fix for that.
$%#$@#^! Isn't knitting supposed to be relaxing?? Learn how to get yourself out of a knitting-related disaster and get back on track. Picking up dropped stitches, fixing missed increases and twisted stitches, unknitting and other common fixes will be covered in this 3 hour workshop.
The next session of this critically-important-to-loving-knitting workshop will be held on Saturday, March 5. This 3-hour workshop begins at 12:00 pm PST, 1:00 pm MST, 2:00 pm CST, 3:00 pm EST, 4:00 pm AST and 4:30 pm in NL.
Pre-Work Required: A PDF with a small amount of pre-work will be sent to you upon registration in this class. Please make sure that you have done the pre-work completed before the class.
Please Bring to class:
- homework swatch
- smooth, worsted weight yarn in a light colour (should have at least 2 plies and preferably some wool content)
- appropriately sized knitting needles
- double-pointed needles 1-2 sizes smaller (wood or bamboo, if possible)
- crochet hook (similar size to knitting needles)
- blunt darning needle
- locking stitch markers
- knitter’s tool kit
Skill Level: You’re comfortable with the basics and know how to decrease, increase, and follow simple pattern instructions.
Holli’s passion for knitting has spanned a lifetime, from learning to knit as a child to her fine arts degree majoring in textiles and jewellery, and a solid 18 years of design and teaching experience. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, Amirisu and Twist Collective, as well as in her Ravelry shop and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with Sweet Georgia Yarns.
Why Learn from Holli?
Holli feels strongly about fine craftsmanship, believing that while there’s more than one right way to do things, it’s important to do it right! To this end, she teaches skills that enable knitters to feel justified pride in their finished objects, while accommodating different knitting styles and preferences. Students leave her workshops with an arsenal of valuable techniques, deep understanding of the choices to be made in knitting, and new confidence. Her courses are well polished, solidly prepared and cater to students at every level.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
Photography by Holli Yeoh