Ask an Expert! is a series of two-hour workshops delivered in a seminar format. Kate will present on the topic/subject and may use a variety of visual aids, including photos, demonstration, and video. Time will be given for asking questions during the workshop. If a "work along" option is included, instructions will be provided but there is no requirement to have it completed: learning by watching (and practicing later) is also encouraged.
Custom Fit Socks: Thursday, April 15 from 4:30 - 6:30 pm MDT.
Liberate yourself from pattern books! Make a sock that’s perfect, for any size foot, and in your choice of yarn. I’ll show you how to measure and identify your fit needs, and create a perfectly fitting sock, no matter what the requirements. I’ll share templates for both top-down and toe-up socks, so you can work them exactly the way you want.
Skill level: intermediate; students must have knitted a few pairs of socks.
About Kate Atherley
Kate Atherley has been teaching knitting professionally for more than 15 years at stores and events all over Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. Her latest book, Custom-Fit Hats is her ninth, and the fourth in a series on customizing projects for perfect fit and style; it joins works on shawls, socks, and mittens. Her focus in all her work is the empowerment of knitters, illuminating both the methods and mechanics of the craft. The combination of her university degree in mathematics, professional experience in software development and usability, and training in garment and fashion design give her a unique perspective. She also works as a technical editor, helping other designers and authors bring their work into the world. She lives in Toronto with her husband and the family of skunks under their porch. www.kateatherley.com
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Standard Time (MST).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built-in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.